National Livestock Mission
National Livestock Mission (NLM) launched in financial year 2014-15 seeks to ensure quantitative and qualitative improvement in livestock production systems and capacity building of all stakeholders. The scheme was implemented as a sub scheme of White Revolution - Rashtriya Pashudhan Vikas Yojana since April 2019. In view of the present need of the sector the NLM scheme has been revised and realigned from FY 2021-22.
- Employment generation through entrepreneurship development in small ruminant, poultry and piggery sector & Fodder sector
- Increase of per animal productivity through breed improvement
- Increase in production of meat, egg, goat milk, wool and fodder.
- Increasing availability of fodder and feed to substantially reduce the demand – through strengthening the fodder seed supply chain and availability of certified fodder seeds
- Encouraging establishment of fodder processing units to reduce the demand supply gap
- Promoting risk management measures including livestock insurance for farmers
- Promoting applied research in prioritized areas of poultry, sheep, goat, feed and fodder
- Capacity building of state functionaries and livestock owners through strengthened extension machinery to provide quality extension service to farmers.
- Promoting skill based training and dissemination of technologies for reducing cost of production, and improving production of livestock sector
The mission is organised into the following Sub-Missions:
- Sub-mission on Breed Development of Livestock and Poultry - Proposes to bring sharp focus on entrepreneurship development and breed improvement in poultry, sheep, goat and piggery by providing the incentivization to the Individual, FPOs, FCOs JLGs, SHGs, Section 8 companies for entrepreneurship development and also to the State Government for breed improvement infrastructure.
- Sub-mission on Feed and Fodder Development - This Sub-Mission aims towards strengthening of fodder seed chain to improve availability of certified fodder seed required for fodder production and encouraging entrepreneurs for establishment of fodder Block/Hay Bailing/Silage Making Units through incentivisation.
- Sub-mission on Innovation and Extension - The sub-mission aims to incentivize the Institutes, Universities, Organizations carrying out research and development related to sheep, goat, pig and feed and fodder sector, extension activities, livestock insurance and innovation. Under this sub-mission, assistance will be provided to the central Agencies, ICAR Institutes and University farms for applied research required for development of the sector, extension services including promotional activities for animal husbandry and schemes, seminars, conferences, demonstration activities and other IEC activities for awareness generation. Assistance will also be provided for livestock insurance and innovations.
For More Information: National Livestock Mission Operational Guidelines
Source: Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying
শেহতীয়া উন্নীতকৰণ: : 3/31/2023
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.